Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today at Langkawi

We arrived yesterday by ferry and it was a very crowded with lots of kids and families.  It was a very cold trip over with a very strong air conditioner blowing directly on us.  As a result some have a nasty lurgy.  The resort is beautiful and idilic.  Wildlife abounds.  Seen a squirrel, several types of birds, a sea eagle, geckos and a few other odds & ends.  The trip is an eye opener for me, so much poverty, so much waste, and filth everywhere.  I can not believe how some of the people survive.  It is a whole new world for me. 

I am a bit homesick, it seems that lots of things remind me of Alysha and home plus the time seems to go very slowly at times and very fast other times.  I would like to be able to make some changes to the way they live but it is not realistic.  Love to everyone at home, Miss you heaps,  Love, Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment